Short Term Rental Insurance

Humberview Insurance Brokers offers homeowners and landlords flexible insurance solutions that allows short term renting. Whether you homeshare, rent out a portion of your property or rent out an entire property. Humberview Insurance can help find a solution for you. Let’s face it, real estate prices are sky rocketing and to help pay off your mortgage faster, people are increasingly looking to short term renting as viable solution to bring extra income. If you are or considering posting a rental on an online platform such as Airbnb, Flipkey, HomeAway and similiar sites, your home insurance policy needs to reflect this change, even a regular rental property policy may not cover you while renting out on a short term basis. These policies are available for homeowners, condo owners and seasonal cottage owners. Contact us today for a solution that works for you.

Get A Quote on Short Term Rental Insurance

takes approximately 2-5 minutes!

Four Options for Short Term Rental Coverage

  • Rent your entire home for up to 90 days
  • Rent your entire home for up to 180 days
  • Rent a portion of your home (example being 1 bedroom, a basement apartment) to multiple short term guests year round
  • Rent your income property to short term guests year round. This coverage is also available as a standalone policy, even if your primary residence is not insured through Humberview.

Coverage Highlights

  • Liability arising out of the short-term rental
  • Loss or damage to buildings and personal property
  • Intentional acts, criminal acts or failure to act by a guest
  • Loss or damage to a guest’s property up to $1,500
  • Fair rental value (loss of rental income)
  • Bundle car insurance for discounts
  • For short term rental cottages please click here
  • Please note the above coverages may differ from policy to policy, please speak with one of our Insurance Brokers for specific details