October 10, 2013 by Arian
International Landlord? No Problem.
As a landlord living overseas getting Ontario landlord insurance can get a little tricky. At Humberview Insurance we can provide rental property insurance for expats, retirees and individuals living overseas. This includes single family rented dwellings, multi-family rented buildings, commercial buildings, student rentals and other types of rental properties in Ontario.
Things to Consider as an International Landlord
- Have a friend, relative or professional management company agree to look over the property for maintenance issues, collecting rents and general assistance
- Have lease agreements with tenants outlining responsibilities for snow removal and general housekeeping
- Holding a Canadian bank account to collect rent and make payments for utilities and bills
- Require your tenants to have tenants insurance, not only for their contents but for their legal liability as well. (tip: a landlord policy does not cover the contents of a tenant)
Types of Coverages Available:
- Building insurance is designed to cover the costs of damage caused by insured events such as fire.
- Appliances coverage for items such as fridges, stoves and washing machines from insured perils.
- Liability the legal liability you as a landlord have for injury or death of a person on your property
- Loss of rent the loss of rental income from an insured event
Read more about landlord insurance coverages
Find out How Much you can Save on Ontario Landlord Insurance
Get a quote on your Ontario landlord insurance by filling out the appropriate online form or contact us at anyone of our offices for a quotation and information on landlord insurance.