We identify the purposes for which we will be collecting, using and disclosing your personal information and obtain your consent prior to doing so. You may provide your consent to us either orally or in writing.
What personal information do we collect?
- Basic information such as your name, address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address, Birth date and marital status.
- Claims history
- Credit and past payment records
- Driver’s record
- Details about your property such as the value of your home and its contents
- Medical information such as any condition that may affect the operation of a vehicle
- Employment information
We may obtain this information from:
- Insurance companies
- Other insurance brokers or agents
- Credit organizations
- Motor vehicle and driver licensing authorities
- Financial institutions
- Medical professionals
We use your personal information to:
- Make a decision on whether you are eligible to be insured under one of our insurance policies,
- Administer your insurance policy, and
- Process any claims you may submit.
We provide your personal information to:
- Operators of insurance industry databases for the purpose of verifying the application information,
- Your insurance broker for the purpose of your broker providing services to you,
- Independent insurance adjusters and brokers for the purpose of obtaining assistance in processing and administering your claims,
- Governmental authorities, claims investigation service providers, medical organizations, other vendors, other insurance carriers, reinsurers and regulatory organizations for the purpose of assisting in the investigation and processing of claims, and
- Other persons for purposes to which you have provided your consent.
We protect your information by:
- Implementing physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your personal information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification,
- Granting only employees with a business ‘need-to-know’ access to your personal information
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Privacy Officer should you have any questions. Our Privacy Officer may be contacted as follows:
Humberview Insurance Brokers LTD.339 Roncesvalles Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6R 2M8 Telephone: 416 531 4647 Fax: 416 531 2396 firstname.lastname@example.org